Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed the former Director-General of the Department for State Services (DSS), A.A. Gadzama, as the Chairman of the National Institute for Security Studies, NISS.
The appointment, which takes effect from December 16, 2019, for an initial four years, is contained in a statement by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha.
The Public Relations Officer of the Department for State Services (DSS), Dr Peter Afunanya, confirmed the appointment when contacted by Vanguard on Tuesday. Gadzama started his career in 1978 with the Ministry of Finance in Borno State and transferred to the National Security Organization as a Principal Officer in 1984.
He rose through the ranks of the NSO and the subsequent State Security Service which was carved out of the NSO when it was dissolved. In 2001, Gadzama attended the Senior Executive Course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies(NIPSS) Kuru, Jos. He served as the Director-General of the Department for State Services (DSS) between 2007 and 2010.
- PDP Condemns arrest of Salihu Tanko Yakasai, by the Department of State Services
- Group demands the release of Salihu Yakasai, abducted for criticising the President
- Abduction Scare: Kano State Governor orders the closure of four tertiary institutions in the state
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state