Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed the former Director-General of the Department for State Services (DSS), A.A. Gadzama, as the Chairman of the National Institute for Security Studies, NISS.
The appointment, which takes effect from December 16, 2019, for an initial four years, is contained in a statement by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha.
The Public Relations Officer of the Department for State Services (DSS), Dr Peter Afunanya, confirmed the appointment when contacted by Vanguard on Tuesday. Gadzama started his career in 1978 with the Ministry of Finance in Borno State and transferred to the National Security Organization as a Principal Officer in 1984.
He rose through the ranks of the NSO and the subsequent State Security Service which was carved out of the NSO when it was dissolved. In 2001, Gadzama attended the Senior Executive Course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies(NIPSS) Kuru, Jos. He served as the Director-General of the Department for State Services (DSS) between 2007 and 2010.
- Nigeria broadcasting regulator warns media against reporting #EndSARS and that is why you can’t watch #GenocideAtLekkiTollGate
- Lekki massacre: Who gave the order? #EndSARS
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests