Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed the former Director-General of the Department for State Services (DSS), A.A. Gadzama, as the Chairman of the National Institute for Security Studies, NISS.
The appointment, which takes effect from December 16, 2019, for an initial four years, is contained in a statement by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha.
The Public Relations Officer of the Department for State Services (DSS), Dr Peter Afunanya, confirmed the appointment when contacted by Vanguard on Tuesday. Gadzama started his career in 1978 with the Ministry of Finance in Borno State and transferred to the National Security Organization as a Principal Officer in 1984.
He rose through the ranks of the NSO and the subsequent State Security Service which was carved out of the NSO when it was dissolved. In 2001, Gadzama attended the Senior Executive Course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies(NIPSS) Kuru, Jos. He served as the Director-General of the Department for State Services (DSS) between 2007 and 2010.
- Almajirai Repatriated To Kaduna Will Get Free Education – Kaduna Governor
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Odion Ighalo’s dream of making his stay with Manchester United may not materialize – here’s why
- NAFDAC to continue hydroxychloroquine clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19 in Nigeria despite suspension
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace