Estimated Reading Time: <1
Boko Haram insurgents on Monday night ambushed the convoy of the Theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi.
Olusegun Adeniyi, survived the attack which took place few kilometer away from Jakana, on Monday around 7: 20 pm.
DailyTrust Newspaper reports that, the theatre commander was on his way back to Maiduguri after a visit to troops who were recently deployed to Jakana. The troops were deployed to Jakana in order to protect lives and property in the general area against Boko Haram attack.
“As we were coming back to Maiduguri after we left Jakana, suddenly we stated hearing gun shots all over the place. They bombarded us with heavy fire from different angle but our men with the Theatre commander successfully repelled the attack,” the source said.
It was learnt that the vehicle of the theatre commandant was badly damaged, riddled with gun holes from the attack.
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks