Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has announced the temporary closure of Port Harcourt International Airport runway following a bush fire incident near the area.
The General Manager, Corporate Affairs, FAAN, Mrs Henrietta Yakubu, made the announcement in a statement issued in Lagos on Saturday.
“A joint team from the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria and the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency is presently evaluating the situation. “This is with a view to ensuring that the airside is cleared of smoke and restoration of normalcy at the airport,” she said. Henrietta assured that FAAN was committed to its core values of safety, security and comfort of passengers and airport users.
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students
- Just In: Unknown number of travelers abducted in Osun State