Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has announced the temporary closure of Port Harcourt International Airport runway following a bush fire incident near the area.
The General Manager, Corporate Affairs, FAAN, Mrs Henrietta Yakubu, made the announcement in a statement issued in Lagos on Saturday.
“A joint team from the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria and the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency is presently evaluating the situation. “This is with a view to ensuring that the airside is cleared of smoke and restoration of normalcy at the airport,” she said. Henrietta assured that FAAN was committed to its core values of safety, security and comfort of passengers and airport users.
- Just In: 27 Quarantined In Niger State Over Coronavirus
- Breaking: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation on Fire
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips