Estimated Reading Time: <1
Zamfara Hisba Commission says it arrested a police officer and three women allegedly engaged in social vices at a hotel in Gusau.
Chairman of the commission, Dr Atiku Zawuyya stated this while parading the suspects at the commission’s headquarters on Monday.
He said the police officer who is serving with the Central Police Station, Gusau was arrested with the three girls in a room at the hotel, allegedly committing acts contrary to Sharia law.
Zawuyya said preliminary investigation conducted by the commission showed that one of the three girls was from Kaduna state while the two others were from the same family in Zamfara.
The chairman said the commission had warned the management of the hotel several times against harbouring such people but failed to comply with the rules and regulations guiding the operation of hotel business in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that manager of the hotel was also arrested by officials of the Hisba commission.
Zawuyya said the suspects would be charged to court after full investigation.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami