Estimated Reading Time: <1
More troubles seem to be coming the way of the embattled National Chairman of the APC, Mr Adams Oshiomhole.
A chieftain of the APC, Alhaji Kabiru Adjoto, vowed yesterday that he would stage “a massive Oshiomhole Must Go Protest nationwide’’ early in the New Year.
“I’m championing a massive Oshiomhole Must Go protest which will kick off early next year with thousands of corroborators across the 36 states of the federation,’’ Adjoto, told party members at his country home at Ikakumo in Igarraland in Edo.
“The protest will be unabated until Oshiomhole honourably resigns before he buries the APC,” said Adjoto, the immediate past speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly.
The APC chieftain, who is currently the special adviser to Gov. Godwin Obaseki, said he would soon open “a can of worms that would seal the political fate of Oshiomhole”. According to him, the can of worms when opened, will make Edo people to stone the former Edo governor, who is currently battling his political survival in the ruling APC in Edo.
“As I promised a few months ago, I’m vigorously set to open horrible can of worms that will make Edo people to stone Oshiomhole on the street as we enter the New Year.” Adjoto, however, did not disclose the `sins’ of Oshiomhole that would make the masses to rise against their former two-term governor.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Oshiomhole has been pitched in a tense political battle with Obaseki as the countdown to the governorship election in the state draws near. Edo State is scheduled for governorships polls in August next year, in an election expected to be characterised by back-stabbing, betrayals and violence. Adjoto also spoke on the speculation that Obaseki was planning to defect to the PDP, describing the speculation as baseless.
“The governor will enjoy the ‘privilege of first refusal’ during the forthcoming APC governorship primaries as enjoyed by Oshiomhole in 2012,”he stated. The former speaker noted that the APC national chairman was driving himself into “irredeemable political oblivion because of sheer greed and hypocrisy”. He stressed that Oshiomhole had played god severally by hypocritically reversing himself on principles that fetched him enormous political fortunes.
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women
- “A lot of great things are going to come out of this lockdown” – Pastor Enoch Adeboye
- 12-year-old girl raped in Jigawa
- Just In: Nasarawa CAN chairman regains freedom