Estimated Reading Time: <1
Thugs on Saturday attacked the Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu’s family house in Jattu-Uzairue, Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State.
Reports say, a patrol team from the Edo State Police Command responded to a distress call from members of the family and swung into action. A source said: “One of the thugs scaled the fence and was caught inside the family house of the Deputy Governor.”
The Police eventually arrested five of the thugs, who disclosed that other members of their gang had escaped and are on the run. Some of the items retrieved from the attackers include a locally-made gun, cutlass, battle axe, gunpowder, among others.
The police said the suspected thugs have been transferred to the Area Command for onward movement to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Benin, while efforts are being intensified to arrest others who are on the run.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls