Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Walid Jibrin, has said the party will soon commence a high level consultation and search for credible candidate to fly its flag for the 2023 presidency.
Walid, a Second Republic Senator who made this known while speaking with newsmen in Kaduna, also said every interested and eligible member of the party from any part of Nigeria was free to aspire for the presidency on its platform.
When asked whether the PDP would adopt Atiku Abubakar, its presidential candidate in the 2019 presidential election, the BoT chairman said the former vice-president, like every other Nigerian, could still contest if he so wishes.
“After all, Atiku couldn’t have been adjudged to have failed in the last presidential elections,” Walid said..
“Atiku is a Nigerian. Has he really failed in that (2019) election?
“The case went from the tribunal to the appeal court and up to the Supreme Court.
“If Atiku wants, he has the right to do so and other people have the right to do so.
“Do you think it’s only Atiku that wants to contest?” he asked.
Continuing, Walid said, “On the presidential candidate, the National Working Committee, in consultation with all relevant organs, will reveal the plan about our presidential candidate.
“I don’t think there is anything wrong to allow anybody from any zone to show interest, but our collective decision will bring out an agreeable candidate.”
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”