Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gunmen have abducted the wife, children and driver of the traditional ruler of Odigbo town, Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Rufus Akinrinmade.
It was gathered that the victims were kidnapped on Ikare-Owo Expressway in Oba Akoko, Akoko South West Local Government Area of the state.
The traditional ruler, who confirmed the incident to our Correspondent, said the abductors had contacted the family and had demanded a sum of N100m as ransom
Unknown gunmen in the late hours of Sunday, also invaded the official residence of the Bayelsa State Commissioner for Water Resources, Mr Nengi Talbot, and abducted his six year old son, Antonio. The police confirmed that the abduction took place at about 10:30pm on Sunday at the Commissioners’ quarter in Opolo axis of Yenagoa, the state capital.
As at Monday, the teenager was still being held hostage by his abductors in an unknown location.
The Bayelsa Police Command Spokesman, SP Asinim Butswat, confirmed the incident to NAN, and said that the command had already launched a manhunt for the abductors to ensure that the minor was freed unhurt.
He said: “On 22/12/2019 at about 22:30 hours, about four unknown gunmen invaded the residence of the Commissioner for Water Resources, Hon. Nengi Talbot at the New Commissioners quarters Opolo, Yenagoa, and abducted his six year old son, one Antonio Talbot to an unknown destination. “The command has launched a manhunt to rescue the victim unhurt and arrest the suspects. Investigation is ongoing,” he said.
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit