Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Army on Monday redeployed 20 Major Generals and more than 10 Brigadier Generals in a major shakeup, which, it said, would reinvigorate the system for greater efficiency.
The redeployment, approved by the Chief of the Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, took immediate effect, according to a statement by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sagir Musa.
The army’s spokesman said, “Due to the recent promotion of some senior officers, it became imperative to deploy them in appropriate appointments. Consequently, the Army has released the postings and appointments of the affected officers.
“The posting, which was approved by the Chief of Army Staff, is carried out to reinvigorate the system for greater efficiency.
“The highlights of the posting include the appointment of Maj. Gen. E.O. Ogunkale to the Defence Headquarters as the Chief of Defence Standards and Evaluation; Maj. Gen. A.O. Uthman to the Defence Headquarters as Director, Defence Communications; Maj. Gen. O.O. Soleye to Headquarters, Command Army Record, Lokoja, Kogi State; Maj.-Gen. Y.I. Shalangwa to Defence Headquarters as Director, Legal Services; Maj. Gen. D.C. Onyemulu to the Armed Forces Simulation Centre; while Maj. Gen. H.I. Bature is redeployed to the Defence Headquarters and appointed Director, Liaison.
“Similarly, Brig. Gen. J.C. Ogbonna is redeployed to the Headquarters, 82 Division, Enugu State and appointed the division’s training officer; Brig.Gen. B.H. Mohammed to the Nigerian Military School, Zaria, as Commandant; Brig.-Gen. G.O. Omorogbe to the Headquarters, Infantry Corps Centre, Jaji, as Chief of Staff; and Brig. Gen. A.J. Fagge to the Ministry of Defence as Principal General Staff Officer to the Minister of Defence.”
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women
- “A lot of great things are going to come out of this lockdown” – Pastor Enoch Adeboye
- 12-year-old girl raped in Jigawa
- Just In: Nasarawa CAN chairman regains freedom
- An undergraduate, at the University of Benin, was raped in the Church #JusticeForUwa
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings