Estimated Reading Time: <1
Justice A. T. Badamasi of a Kano High Court on Tuesday declined to grant an extension on the Interim Order stopping Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje from interfering with the powers of the Kano emirate kingmakers.
Counsel to the kingmakers in suit No K/197/2019 prayed the court to extend the order pending the determination of the substantive suit.
The import of today’s ruling would be that the governor is now effectively capable of exercising all the powers vested in him under the new ‘Kano State Emirates Council Law, 2019.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu