Estimated Reading Time: <1
Justice A. T. Badamasi of a Kano High Court on Tuesday declined to grant an extension on the Interim Order stopping Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje from interfering with the powers of the Kano emirate kingmakers.
Counsel to the kingmakers in suit No K/197/2019 prayed the court to extend the order pending the determination of the substantive suit.
The import of today’s ruling would be that the governor is now effectively capable of exercising all the powers vested in him under the new ‘Kano State Emirates Council Law, 2019.
- Ayodele Fayose allege irregularities in the recently conducted South-West Congress of the PDP, describing the exercise as a “scam”
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants