Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Transport Minister was almost beaten in Spain while on an official assignment by members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, in a similar treatment meted on the for Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, while in Germany.
In a tweet, the minister said “some minutes ago, I was attached by a few misguided Nigerians while on National assignment on a climate change event in Madrid, Spain”. See the actual tweet below
Spanish police officers prevented an angry mob from attacking Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, in Madrid, Spain, on Friday.
Young men with flags of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) had filed out on the street waiting for the minister but the policemen dispersed them peacefully.
The incident has been generating reactions on social media.
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Friday evening, confirmed that its members were behind the alleged attack on the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Chibuike Amaechi, in Madrid, Spain. IPOB claimed the attack on the minister by its members in Spain, was based on the standing order given by its leader Nnamdi Kanu, that some identified politicians, causing pains for the masses should be assaulted anywhere they are seen around the world.
The group stated this in a statement issued on Friday by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, “the order to assault and manhandle Nigerian Politicians has been given even before the attack on former deputy Senate President Dr Ike Ekweremadu in Nuremberg Germany.”
The group also claimed its beat the minister but Amaechi posted on his twitter handle they were fought-off by Spanish police before they could inflict any harm on him.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’