Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Transport Minister was almost beaten in Spain while on an official assignment by members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, in a similar treatment meted on the for Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, while in Germany.
In a tweet, the minister said “some minutes ago, I was attached by a few misguided Nigerians while on National assignment on a climate change event in Madrid, Spain”. See the actual tweet below
Spanish police officers prevented an angry mob from attacking Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, in Madrid, Spain, on Friday.
Young men with flags of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) had filed out on the street waiting for the minister but the policemen dispersed them peacefully.
The incident has been generating reactions on social media.
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Friday evening, confirmed that its members were behind the alleged attack on the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Chibuike Amaechi, in Madrid, Spain. IPOB claimed the attack on the minister by its members in Spain, was based on the standing order given by its leader Nnamdi Kanu, that some identified politicians, causing pains for the masses should be assaulted anywhere they are seen around the world.
The group stated this in a statement issued on Friday by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, “the order to assault and manhandle Nigerian Politicians has been given even before the attack on former deputy Senate President Dr Ike Ekweremadu in Nuremberg Germany.”
The group also claimed its beat the minister but Amaechi posted on his twitter handle they were fought-off by Spanish police before they could inflict any harm on him.
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest
- Plateau State govt say N75 billion lost to looters during #EndSARS protest