Estimated Reading Time: <1
The State Security Service (SSS) has invaded the Federal High Court Abuja to rearrest Omoyele Sowore, who was released on bail yesterday evening.
The SSS officers stormed the Abuja Division of the court on Friday morning, with attempts being made to break into the facility.
Sowore was released after Ijeoma Ojukwu, the federal judge handling his treasonable felony trial, insisted that her November 6 order must be complied with and Mr Sowore must be released from custody or senior officials of the SSS would be held in criminal contempt.
- Group condemns blasphemy death sentence by Kano sharia Court
- Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe