Estimated Reading Time: <1
Government has bemoaned the pilfering of clips, bolts and knots on the Lagos/Ibadan rail line.
Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Fidet Okhiria, said 5,000 clips and 10,000 bolts as well as knots had been replaced along the rail track.
He said, “You can’t imagine that between Lagos and Ibadan, we have replaced over 5,000 clips and close to 10,000 bolts and nuts on the track and it is not a good thing at all.
“Without those things on the tracks, accidents can occur.
“We know the volume of passengers on a train. So vandalism of rail infrastructure has to stop.”
Okhiria added that government would still go ahead to extend the Lagos-Ibadan line to Kano in three years.
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge