Estimated Reading Time: <1
Jack Ma, China’s second richest man and founder of online e-commerce juggernaut, Alibaba has arrived in Nigeria to attend the first Nigeria Digital Economy Summit, holding in Abuja.
His arrival in the country, along with a large delegation of Chinese businessmen has elicited a lot of interest among Nigerians, with the Chinese billionaire, worth close to $38billion.
Ma is a Special Guest Speaker at the event theme, “Leveraging Digital Economy for Trade & Investment.” The summit Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment and will hold between Thursday, November 14 to Friday, November 15, 2019..
Ma has grown his wealth from $34.6 billion to $38.2, despite stepping down as the Chairman of the renowned Alibaba Group. The businessman was quoted by newsmen to have said he is ready to invest in Nigeria through his “Four Es” programme – E-infrastructure, Entrepreneurship, E-government, and Education.
“VP Osinbajo receives Jack Ma, founder, http://AliBaba.com this morning at the Presidential Villa. Praising Nigeria’s place & role in the continent & globally, Jack Ma recalled his earlier meeting with VP in Davos, where he got the IV to visit Nigeria-Digital Economy in focus” – Laolu’s Akande, the VP’s senior special assistant on the media tweeted earlier today.
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello