Estimated Reading Time: <1
The senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, has left the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
According to multiple reports, his decision comes few days after the national body of the APC submitted the name of Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s political adviser, Uba Sani, as the candidate for that senatorial district. The serving senator had boycotted the primary and filed an appeal and the party upheld his appeal but the name of el-Rufai’s candidate was sent to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The senator had been expected to leave the APC but was persuaded by national leaders of the party including Mr Oshiomhole not to do so.
The senator confirmed his exit from the APC in a letter to the party .
“I present to you my highest compliments and wish by this communication to formally offer to you my resignation from the All Progressives Congress (APC),” reads the letter.
“l had joined the APC and remained with it against all odds in the belief that it will constitute a veritable platform for the realization of those democratic ideals which I hold very dear, that honor and integrity will be the ultimate ethos of the patty and, most importantly, that internal party democracy will always be the norm. However, only posterity can affirm the extent to which the APC has committed to and reflected these values.
“As I exit the APC at this point in time. I wish to formally thank the party for availing me the platform upon which I am currently serving this country in the honoured capacity of Senator of the Federal Republic.
“I wish the party well in all her future endeavors and ask sir, that you please accept the assurance of my highest considerations.” Shehu Sani and Governor El-Rufai have been at daggers drawn shortly after both men were elected senator and governor respectively in 2015.
Controversies had trailed the decision of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to grant automatic return ticket to the senator and others.
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus
- Just In: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Ngala, Borno Community
- Akeredolu Pays 2 Months Salaries Of Ex-Political Office Holders
- Paris bans daytime Jogging to contain spread of Coronavirus – Police issue fines for lockdown violations
- VIDEO: How 20-Year old ABU Zaria Student Produced Manual Ventilator for COVID-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: 75 workers with the University Of Benin Teaching Hospital in isolation
- Opinion: Why The Conviction Of Funke Akindele Cannot Stand In Law
- Opinion: When will Pastor Chris Oyakhilome be arrested for spreading falsehood?
- WhatsApp Puts New Limits On The Forwarding Of Viral Messages
- Governor Seyi Makinde said in boosting his immunity to fight coronavirus, he consumed vitamin C, carrots and black seed oil mixed with honey