Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says Atiku will sign the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (ACfTA) once he emerges as the Nigerian President.
Obasanjo made the assertion while speaking at the Babacar N’daiye Lecture by yhe Afeica Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) bank on the sideline of the International Monetary Fund (IMF/ World bank meeting in Bali, Indonesia.
The former president was speaking on the importance of intra-Africa trade as a way of mitigating against trade tensions
He said: “We will have a president who will be able to sign the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement, not the one whose hands is too weak to sign”
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19