Estimated Reading Time: <1
Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says he picked Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra state, as his running mate for 2019 elections, because he has a vast knowledge of the economy.
In a statement issued on his behalf by Gbenga Daniel, director-general of his campaign, Abubakar said Obi’s choice was also influenced by his youthfulness.
“The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has chosen former Chairman of Fidelity Bank Plc and former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, as his running mate for the 2019 presidential election,” the statement read.
“Mr. Obi’s choice was largely influenced by his youthfulness, vast knowledge of global and local economics as well as being a financial expert, all experience which Nigeria is in great need at this point in time.
“This ticket will be able to steer our nation back on the path of progress, economic prosperity and unity.”
Born July 19 July, 1961, Obi attended the Christ the King College, Onitsha, and later proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he graduated with a bachelor of arts in philosophy.
He is also a graduate of several international and national institutions such as the Lagos Business School, Harvard Business School, London School of Economics, Columbia Business School, Institute of Management, Switzerland, Kellogg Graduate School, Oxford University and Cambridge University.
In public service, he has led various divisions some of which includes: Member, Presidential Economic Management Team; Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum; and chairman, south-east governors’ forum.
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE