Estimated Reading Time: <1
Abraham Obasanjo, son of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has gone against his father and declared his support for the re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Abraham conveyed this in a letter he wrote to the Buhari Campaign Organisation on Wednesday.
Festus Keyamo, spokesman of the campaign, acknowledge receipt of the letter and shared its contenet.
“Dear Sir, please find attached a statement of my public declaration and support for the 2019 second term re-election bid of our highly esteemed President Buhari,” Obasanjo’s son wrote in a letter.
“I have taken a personal decision to release the statement and to notify you of my availability to work for the re-election of our dear President Muhammadu Buhari with sincerity and loyalty.
“Please accept my assurances of the highest regards.”
THEWILL recalls that the ex-president is vehemently opposed to the reelection of Buhari and is making moves to ensure the election of another candidate under a ‘third force’.
In January, he released a strongly-worded statement where he advised the president to forget about another term.
Obasanjo accused Buhari of shielding some corrupt persons around him and also favouring a section of the country against the other.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists