Estimated Reading Time: <1
No fewer than 16 miners have been kidnapped in Bogoma village of Birnin Gwari Local Government Area in Kaduna state.
The Kaduna Command Public Relations Officer, Mr. Yakubu Sabo, told the NAN that the miners were abducted on Tuesday night when the truck they were travelling in was intercepted by armed bandits shortly after they left their mining site on their way home.
“The bandits kidnapped one Isa Tanimu and 15 others all of the same village,” Sabo said.
He added that a team of the Police Anti-Kidnapping Unit are currently combing the area to rescue the miners and arrest the kidnappers.
He disclosed that information available indicated that a link had been established with the abductors and “the Police is making discreet efforts to track them down.”
Sabo described the incident as quite unfortunate, but assured that the command was doing its best to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.
“We appeal to the general public to assist the police with useful information towards ensuring that the criminals are brought to book,” he said.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown