Estimated Reading Time: <1
The real cause of the proxy war between the incumbent Governor of Lagos state, Akinwumi Ambode and his estranged godfather, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has been revealed by the Governance Support Group.
According to the group, represented by Mr. Akinsola Sunmonu Richards,
Some of the major infrastructure contracts awarded by the Akinwumi Ambode administration were not awarded to Tinubu’s favoured companies as a result of the Governor’s averseness to scandals.
Some of the companies linked to Asiwaju were said to have made outrageously high bids for contracts in such a manner that could not be justified. Ambode’s insistence on staying true to following procurement best practices and accounting standards enraged Asiwaju who believed that he funded the election of Ambode with dirty money.
One major public services contract was revoked by Ambode over non-performance but Tinubu was reportedly enraged as the companies involved in the deal are believed to be making monthly returns to him. He accused Ambode of trying to make his own set of big boys and vowed to make him pay for the action. That particular issue was resolved by Oba Akiolu and vice president, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo who is quite sympathetic to Governor Ambode.
Tinubu has finally given up on Ambode after several makeup meetings and arrangements have failed. He has now decided to back Babajide Sanwoolu against Ambode, a decision that has received the nod of about 52 LCDA chairpersons but the Presidency is not buying it. As a matter of fact we can confirm to you that the main reason President Buhari summoned Tinubu to the villa was because of the concern of the party’s fortune in the 2019 general elections if Lagos was unsettled. While Tinubu is being pressured from Abuja, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the vice president is currently headed to Lagos to resolve some of the internal differences that has led to the plot against Governor Ambode.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami