Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress has become the minority in the upper chamber as 15 senators elected on the platform of the party joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Senators Musa Rabiu Kwakwanso and Dino? Melaye along with more than 13 others have announced their defection to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Meanwhile, the name of the senator representng Kaduna central,Shehu Sani is missing in the list of 15 APC members that defect to PDP on Tuesday.
The senators joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Their defection was announced by the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki who presided over plenary after escaping the invasion of his residence by security agencies.
The lawmaker had earlier in a tweet vowed to depart the Egypt to the promise land.
He said,”We the persecuted are on Exodus, riding on horses,chariots and caravans, departing Pharaoh Thutmose’s Egypt;we are now at the coast of the Red Sea,about to leave the land of cruelty and injustice”.
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits
- Nigerian Senate wants Ibadan Airport named after late Senator Abiola Ajimobi
- Just In: Ondo Assembly begins process to impeach deputy governor