Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress has become the minority in the upper chamber as 15 senators elected on the platform of the party joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Senators Musa Rabiu Kwakwanso and Dino? Melaye along with more than 13 others have announced their defection to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Meanwhile, the name of the senator representng Kaduna central,Shehu Sani is missing in the list of 15 APC members that defect to PDP on Tuesday.
The senators joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Their defection was announced by the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki who presided over plenary after escaping the invasion of his residence by security agencies.
The lawmaker had earlier in a tweet vowed to depart the Egypt to the promise land.
He said,”We the persecuted are on Exodus, riding on horses,chariots and caravans, departing Pharaoh Thutmose’s Egypt;we are now at the coast of the Red Sea,about to leave the land of cruelty and injustice”.
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19