Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party has demanded that the Presidency immediately make public all issues relating to the alleged private visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to the United Kingdom.
The party, which queried the Presidency for always shrouding issues around the President in secrecy, demanded a full disclosure on the scope, purpose, direct destination, duration as well as the cost and source of the funding for this undisclosed tourism.
Spokesman for the opposition party, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, said in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday, that President Buhari is not a private citizen and cannot embark on private trips, wrapped in secrecy, since his upkeep draws directly from national resources and taxpayers’ money.
He said, “While the PDP has nothing against Mr. President embarking on any trip, we insist that as the President of the Federal Republic, there must be full disclosures to Nigerians because the citizens deserve to know the purpose of the visit and the cost on the nation.
“We know that Mr. President is billed to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting scheduled to take place between April 16 and 20, but Nigerians are wondering why he is taking off to an undisclosed destination in London two clear weeks ahead.
“We ask; Is President Buhari and his handlers hiding anything from Nigerians so much so that they cannot disclose the reason and duration of the so-called private visit?
“Nigerians are invited to note that this secret visit has a departure date but silent on the purpose, date and place of arrival.”
- Group condemns blasphemy death sentence by Kano sharia Court
- Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe