Estimated Reading Time: <1
At least 10 people, including Onu Agbenema, a traditional ruler, Musa Edibo, his wife, were killed in suspected herdsmen attack in Omala local government area of Kogi state.
According to PUNCH, the victims were killed on Monday in Agbenema, Aj’Ichekpa, Opada and Iyade villages in the local government area.
The attackers reportedly struck after laying siege in the bush.
Ibrahim Aboh, administrator of Omala LGA was said to have narrowly escaped from the attackers.
Some residents alleged that the soldiers who were deployed in the community refused to assist them to repel the attack.
“We were surprised when we approached the soldiers who were stationed at the Guest House at Abejukolo for assistance,” a resident was quoted to have said.
“They refused to act professionally, as they used their vehicle to block us from advancing to the troubled spot to help our people. They have razed down Ojuwo Ajomayeigbi, Iyade, Agbenema and Opada villages.”
The Kogi police command confirmed the incident but did not give details.
The attack comes less than one week after 25 people were killed in the state.
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East