Estimated Reading Time: <1
Another property belonging to Senator Suleiman Uthman Hunkuyi located at 18a Inuwa Wada Road, Ungwan Rimi, Kaduna has been slammed with N30 million fine for not paying ground rent for 24 years.
The Kaduna Geographical Information Service (KADGIS) sent the bill to the personal residence of the senator informing him of the accumulated bill since 1995 and asked him to pay the 24 years ground rent and the penalty within 30 days.
Once again, @GovKaduna Malam @elrufai has sent a ridiculous bill to me for a purported ground rent of my personal house at Inuwa Wada to the tune of N30Million to be paid within 30 days, failure to do so might probably result to another demolition like he did on my other property pic.twitter.com/8XFNW6EQWg
— Senator Hunkuyi (@HunkuyiSuleiman) February 21, 2018
Hunkuyi, who confirmed the development on his twitter handle said this might be another ploy to demolish his personal residence.
The senator twitted: “Once again, @GovKaduna Malam @elrufai has sent a ridiculous bill to me for a purported ground rent of my personal house at Inuwa Wada to the tune of N30 million to be paid within 30 days, failure to do so might probably result to another demolition like he did on my other property.”
A property on 11b Sambo Road, Kaduna, belonging to the senator which was used as the secretariat of the faction of the APC in the state was demolished early morning on Tuesday on grounds that the ground rent on it has not been paid since 2010.
Hunkuyi leads one of the factions of the APC on Kaduna that is opposed to the leadership style of Governor Nasir El-Rufai and has said openly that he will not support El-Rufai’s bid to return as governor in 2019.
The public relations officer of KADGIS, Abdullahi Isyaku when contacted, confirmed the bill was from the agency.
He said the other plot at Sambo road has also been revoked.
- Almajirai Repatriated To Kaduna Will Get Free Education – Kaduna Governor
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Odion Ighalo’s dream of making his stay with Manchester United may not materialize – here’s why
- NAFDAC to continue hydroxychloroquine clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19 in Nigeria despite suspension
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace