Estimated Reading Time: <1
The campaign posters of the ex-Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Alhaji Baba Gana Kingibe, for 2019 presidency, yesterday flooded the cities of Abuja and Lagos.
This is coming barely a week after former President Olusegun Obasanjo advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to seek reelection in 2019.
Kingibe was also the running mate to late Bashorun MKO Abiola, under the Social Democratic Party, SDP, in the June 12, 1993 presidential election.
His campaign posters emerged amidst growing concerns over Buhari’s reelection bid.
In Abuja, the posters were seen at some major spots, including the Federal Secretariat with the inscription, “Sai Baba for President 2019.”
Also in Lagos, they were cited in the Ikeja area around the State Secretariat in Alausa, Agidingbi and Acme roads as well as other major points of attraction.
Recall that the “Sai Baba” slogan was used by Buhari in 2015.
The phrase was also used in 1993 during the SDP presidential primary.
The former SGF, a Kanuri from Borno State, was former National Chairman of the defunct Social Democratic Party, SDP, but now a chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
- Just In: Senator Munir Adekunle Muse is dead
- Infectious Disease Bill: Court fixes June 15 date for Senator Melaye’s hearing
- Covid-19: Kaduna expands community search
- Special Report: Fate of Nigerian women facing gender-based violence amid COVID-19 lockdown
- NYSC certificate of Bayelsa deputy governor was altered – DSS
- Legendary Reggae Singer; Majek Fashek Is Dead
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention