Estimated Reading Time: <1
Elder Statesman, Tanko Yakasai, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari’s desperation for power would not allow him to listen to voice of reason at this critical period
Yakasai, who voiced out his feelings on Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s open letter to President Buhari, noted that the Owu Chief had spoken the mind of Nigerians.
Yakasai said in statement that, “Obasanjo letter was an expression of disappointment of Buhari’s administration and it summarises the feelings of Nigerians and non Nigerians”
He said “the Buhari that I know would certainly jettison the advice because of his desperation for power, he is after power, and doesn’t see anything else.
“Buhari share traits with three classes of people that made it difficult for him to see reason. A man looking for power doesn’t need advise, same thing is applied to a man seeking for love, and the one seeking the hand of a woman.”
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa