Estimated Reading Time: <1
Abdullahi Sunusi, commissioner of special duties in Kano state, has asked his supporters to stone Rabiu Kwankwaso, a fromer governor of the state.
Describing the politician as the “political satan of Kano”, Sunusi confessed organising previous attacks against Kwankwaso, who represents Kano central at the senate.
The video where he made controversial remarks is currently in circulation. It is not clear where and when he addressed the crowd.
Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of the state, was Kwankwaso’s deputy for eight years. Both men fell apart shortly before Ganduje took over from him.
Below is an interpretation of what Sunusi said in Hausa language:
I am thanking Governor Ganduje and I want to assure our party men that from today the whistle of politics is blown on our in-house opposition. We met in Minjibir and dealt with them (Kwankwaso’s supporters); we met outside the emir’s palace during the Sallah celebration ( when Kwankwasiyya was attacked) and they tasted our wrath. Nowtheir leader is coming and we will receive him at kwanar dangora or at Dakatsalle, you may be aware after the holy pilgrimage performed by Muslims the final act is the symbolic stoning of Satan, so you all should await official announcement of the day you will all be directed to stone the political Satan of Kano. We are not afraid of anybody; we will even take the battle to his (Kwankwaso’s) room. Finally, my counterparts, let’s work to destroy Kwankwaso, as you all know he is afraid of us.
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande