Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Thursday reshuffled his cabinet, dropping three commissioners and appointing five new ones.
The Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tunji Bello, in a statement on Thursday, said the three dropped commissioners are Mrs. Adebimpe Akinsola, Mr. Femi Odubiyi, and Mr. Anifowoshe Abiola, while Messrs Hakeem Fahm, Ladi Lawanson, Segun Banjo, Olayinka Oladunjoye and Hakeem Sulaiman were appointed to head Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Communities and Communications respectively.
The governor also moved Mr. Rotimi Ogunleye from Commerce and Industry to Physical Planning and Urban Development; Mr. Steve Ayorinde from Ministry of Information and Strategy to Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan from Communities and Communication to Ministry of Information and Strategy; Mr. Babatunde Durosinmi Etti from Ministry of Wealth Creation to Ministry of the Environment; Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf from Ministry of Youth and Social Development to Ministry of Wealth Creation; Mr. Agboola Dabiri from Central Business District to Ministry of Youth and Social Development.
Others include Dr. Samuel Adejare from Ministry of the Environment to Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development; Engr. Ade Akinsanya from Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development to Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.
The statement added that Mr. Benjamin Olabinjo has been moved from Special Adviser Commerce and Industry to become Special Adviser Civic Engagement, while Mr. Kehinde Joseph moved from Special Adviser Civic Engagement to become Special Adviser Housing.
Mr. Deji Tinubu, Special Adviser Sports has been redeployed as Special Adviser to the Governor on Commerce and Industry and Mr. Anofiu Elegushi moves from Special Adviser Transport to become Special Adviser, Central Business District.
The new Commissioners are expected to be cleared by the State House of Assembly while the other redeployment and postings take immediate effect.
According to the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Bello, the new appointments and redeployments are intended to create a new vigour and vitality for service delivery which has been the hallmark of the Governor Ambode administration.
- Nigerian Police deny detaining suspended Acting EFCC Chairman
- Federal High court jails ex-NIMASA director seven years for N1.5bn fraud
- Breaking: Federal High Court discharges Government Tompolo over charges of fraud
- Former Zamfara Governor, Yari, allegedly assaults airport official enforcing COVID-19 protocol
- Buhari mourns the passing of Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile
- Empire actor Bryshere Gray, arrested for domestic assault
- 12 EFCC directors have been suspended with immediate effect
- Delta State introduces property tax to increase revenue
- 5 years after losing an eye to abusive partner, Josina Machel appeals judgement that acquits her abuser
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria’s population and demographic dividends