Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State, Musa Elekwa has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Elekwa, who was once a member of the PDP said he was returning to the party because PDP has done well through project delivery.
The former Chairman announced his defection, in a letter dated January 3, 2018, and addressed to the APC Chairman in the state, Dr. Davies Ibiamu Ikanya.
According to Elekwa, “I have decided willingly to renounce my membership of APC and relinquish my office as LGA party chairman and go back to my parent party, the PDP as a prodigal son.
“The PDP in Rivers state has kept faith with the people and kept its campaign promises Considering the colossal failure of the APC to keep to its promises and persistent battle with conscience for betraying the people of Rivers State, I am compelled to make this decision and set my conscience free. I cannot again mislead the people of Etche and indeed the people of Rivers state.”
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021