Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State, Musa Elekwa has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Elekwa, who was once a member of the PDP said he was returning to the party because PDP has done well through project delivery.
The former Chairman announced his defection, in a letter dated January 3, 2018, and addressed to the APC Chairman in the state, Dr. Davies Ibiamu Ikanya.
According to Elekwa, “I have decided willingly to renounce my membership of APC and relinquish my office as LGA party chairman and go back to my parent party, the PDP as a prodigal son.
“The PDP in Rivers state has kept faith with the people and kept its campaign promises Considering the colossal failure of the APC to keep to its promises and persistent battle with conscience for betraying the people of Rivers State, I am compelled to make this decision and set my conscience free. I cannot again mislead the people of Etche and indeed the people of Rivers state.”
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away