Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian artiste, Innocent Idibia, better known as Tuface or 2baba on Saturday called for a protest against filling stations selling petroleum products at unofficial prices.
“Make we start campaign say make dem shut down any filling station wey no dey sell petrol normal”, the African Queen crooner wrote on his official twitter handle.
This call however did not go down well with some Nigerians who are yet to forget how Tuface backed down on a similar protest he called for months ago.
Malachi Odo wrote, “Baba. Much respect but we never recover from the last campaign wey u initiate”.
Ezeibe Kingxley also called out the artists, “Tuface and protest… TWO PARALLEL LINES,THEY NEVER MEET”
A few Nigerians then believed then that he was browbeaten by top ranking security operatives to call off the protest.
“The one you will back down at the dying minute abi? Bros just drink water and mind your business”, a twitter user, Emeka Uduma wrote.
“Don’t start what you won’t finish”, another twitter user said.
“Coward like you, abeg park well”, William Kayode said.
“You again? 2face is a man known for jumping fence where it is very low…”, a user said.
“I just hope you won’t change your mind this time”, Onakunle Olayemi said.
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases
- Ondo State Governor’s wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, aide test positive for COVID-19
- NUJ wants Ondo Governor to declare 14 days lockdown
- Nigeria’s debt portfolio of has risen to N28.63tn
- Plateau LG chairman, Ezekiel Mandyau, is dead
- Centre for disease control discharges higher number of Covid-19 patients in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Kano Governor orders ease of lockdown
- President Buhari suspends NSITF MD, four directors
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015