Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian artiste, Innocent Idibia, better known as Tuface or 2baba on Saturday called for a protest against filling stations selling petroleum products at unofficial prices.
“Make we start campaign say make dem shut down any filling station wey no dey sell petrol normal”, the African Queen crooner wrote on his official twitter handle.
This call however did not go down well with some Nigerians who are yet to forget how Tuface backed down on a similar protest he called for months ago.
Malachi Odo wrote, “Baba. Much respect but we never recover from the last campaign wey u initiate”.
Ezeibe Kingxley also called out the artists, “Tuface and protest… TWO PARALLEL LINES,THEY NEVER MEET”
A few Nigerians then believed then that he was browbeaten by top ranking security operatives to call off the protest.
“The one you will back down at the dying minute abi? Bros just drink water and mind your business”, a twitter user, Emeka Uduma wrote.
“Don’t start what you won’t finish”, another twitter user said.
“Coward like you, abeg park well”, William Kayode said.
“You again? 2face is a man known for jumping fence where it is very low…”, a user said.
“I just hope you won’t change your mind this time”, Onakunle Olayemi said.
- Nigeria confirms 387 new Coronavirus cases, totalling 9,302
- Buhari says post-coronavirus, an opportunity for Africa to look within, explore manufacturing potentials
- Buhari assures Nigerians that the mandate for change remains relevant to improve livelihoods
- Nigerian Government receives bids to track repatriated Abacha stolen funds
- Governor Tambuwal begs for more military intervention to end bandit attacks in Sokoto
- “Acute corruption, indebtedness and nepotism” – The PDP says of Buhari’s ‘regime’ in 5 years
- Donald Trump, the African strongman in America
- NITDA to implement digital economy policy, strategy plan
- Court strikes out charges against Senator Adeleke, over exam malpractice
- Ya’u Usman Idris appointed as DG of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority