Estimated Reading Time: <1
It is a record fifth time Nigeria will draw Argentina at a FIFA World Cup.
Other countries in Group D are Iceland and Croatia.
Nigeria first met Argentina at its first ever FIFA World Cup appearance in 1994, losing a tight game that ended 2-1.
Both countries met again in 1998, 2002 and 2014.
The FIFA World Cup draws, held on Friday, was moderated by Gary Lineker and Maria Komandnaya.
Several football icons participated in the draw, some of which are Pele, Diego Maradona, Gordon Banks, Cafu, Kanu Nwankwo, Austin Okocha, Laurent Blanc, Peter Schmeichel, Carlos Puyol, Ronaldo de Lima, and Ronaldinho.
The month-long mundial hosted by Russia will begin on Thursday, June 14.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law