Estimated Reading Time: <1
It is a record fifth time Nigeria will draw Argentina at a FIFA World Cup.
Other countries in Group D are Iceland and Croatia.
Nigeria first met Argentina at its first ever FIFA World Cup appearance in 1994, losing a tight game that ended 2-1.
Both countries met again in 1998, 2002 and 2014.
The FIFA World Cup draws, held on Friday, was moderated by Gary Lineker and Maria Komandnaya.
Several football icons participated in the draw, some of which are Pele, Diego Maradona, Gordon Banks, Cafu, Kanu Nwankwo, Austin Okocha, Laurent Blanc, Peter Schmeichel, Carlos Puyol, Ronaldo de Lima, and Ronaldinho.
The month-long mundial hosted by Russia will begin on Thursday, June 14.
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states
- LASU college of medicine shuts hostel after COVID-19 outbreak among students
- COVID-19: Nigeria is not considering another lockdown – FG
- Oyo Amotekun dismisses officer for killing 23-yr-old motorcyclist
- Former President Obasanjo says the ranks of Nigeria’s leadership is depleted – Obasanjo