Estimated Reading Time: <1
It is a record fifth time Nigeria will draw Argentina at a FIFA World Cup.
Other countries in Group D are Iceland and Croatia.
Nigeria first met Argentina at its first ever FIFA World Cup appearance in 1994, losing a tight game that ended 2-1.
Both countries met again in 1998, 2002 and 2014.
The FIFA World Cup draws, held on Friday, was moderated by Gary Lineker and Maria Komandnaya.
Several football icons participated in the draw, some of which are Pele, Diego Maradona, Gordon Banks, Cafu, Kanu Nwankwo, Austin Okocha, Laurent Blanc, Peter Schmeichel, Carlos Puyol, Ronaldo de Lima, and Ronaldinho.
The month-long mundial hosted by Russia will begin on Thursday, June 14.
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent