Estimated Reading Time: <1
Photo Credit: CDD/PremiumTimes
Political Party agents made sure to show up at various polling stations across Anambra state to distribute portions of Jollof Rice to electorates as the people vote..
Voters were seen queuing to get a portion of the already cooked rice after casting their ballots in favour of the rice distributing Political Party.
Meanwhile, the Department of State Security, DSS, has arrested a man who was trying to buy votes from voters during the electoral process in Anambra.
Man pictured as he was arrested while trying to buy votes during Anambra election
In Idemili North LGA, the UPP candidate, Osita Chidoka, is lamenting over late arrival of electoral materials to his polling unit at Central School Obosi.
He feared that the arrival of the materials two hours behind schedule could affect the process of election at the end of the day.
“I hope the late arrival would be taken into account in considering when the election would end, ” he said.
“We are also awaiting reports from our situation room to find out if the same thing was experienced across the state.”
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items