Estimated Reading Time: <1
Monday November 13, 2017
ZUMA 88.5 FM ABUJA HOLDS AGRICULTURAL HARVEST FESTIVAL FOR FARMERS
The management of ZUMA 88.5 FM, the first station on the dial and a subsidiary of BOROS BROADCAST Abuja is finalizing plans to launch its first ever agricultural harvest festival slated to hold on Saturday Nov 25 & Sunday Nov 26, 2017 at the radio house situated in Maje Hilltop side of Suleja.
The inaugural event which is expected to attract local indigenous farmers across the FCT, Niger, Kaduna, Nassarawa and Kogi states is aimed at the theme: “bridging the gap between rural farmers and the information age”. Announcing the launch, the Festival coordinator and Director at Zuma FM, Mr Shuaibu Kere-Ahmed stated that the station is best positioned “to use the power of radio and technology as a catalyst for social change”. In a communique to the media, Mr Kere-Ahmed suggested that “Zuma FM/Boros broadcast is taking advantage of its unique location as a connecting city, and satellite town to bring together rural farmers in and around the FCT, Niger, Kaduna, Nassarawa and Kogi states”.
The 2-day event will provide a platform for partnering corporate organisations and agricultural finance outfits that are expected to bring their influence on the field to enlighten and educate the rural farmers about the options available with the use of technology in agriculture in areas not limited to storage, export, grants and capacity building. Mr Shuaibu Kere-Ahmed further said the agricultural festival will be a good platform for all stakeholders to collectively impact on the development of rural agriculture as a means to create more jobs for the locals and help support the move of the federal government towards realizing its sustainable development goals.
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed