Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Boss Mustapha, as Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, after studying the report of the panel which investigated and indicted the former SGF, Babachir Lawal and DG national Intelligence Agency, NIA, Ayo Oke, a press statement by the presidency has said.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has studied the report of the panel headed by the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, which investigated allegations against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Babachir David Lawal, and the Director-General, National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ambassador Ayo Oke.
“The President accepted the recommendation of the panel to terminate the appointment of Mr Lawal, and has appointed Mr Boss Mustapha as the new Secretary to the Government of the Federation. The appointment takes immediate effect.
“President Buhari also approved the recommendation to terminate the appointment of Ambassador Oke, and has further approved the setting up of a three-member panel to, among other things, look into the operational, technical and administrative structure of the Agency and make appropriate recommendations” the statement signed by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina said.
Whether this move by the FG will appease aggrieved persons including the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Civil Society Organisations which have called for Lawal and Oke’s prosecution, remains to be seen.
Lately, the Buhari led government has come under heavy criticism, for what many have called the lukewarm approach to fishing out shady elements on his cabinet.
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud