Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Speaker of Kogi State House of Assembly, Umar Ahmed Imam has adjourned the assembly’s plenary indefinitely following Tuesday’s invasion and mayhem unleashed on lawmakers by suspected thugs.
This was contained in a press release issued on Wednesday by the Clerk of the House, Mr Tseja A. Sheidu on behalf of the Speaker.
The statement reads: “The Speaker of Kogi State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Umar Ahmed Imam, by the powers conferred on him under Rule 4(2) of the Standing Rules of the House, has directed that the Sitting of the House earlier disrupted today, Tuesday, the 1st day of August 2017 be now adjourned sine die pending improvement in situation in the House.
“A date will be announced for the House to reconvene. Any inconveniences caused by this announcement are highly regretted please”.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS