Estimated Reading Time: <1
There was wide celebration by people of Osun state Sunday following the victory of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate in the Saturday Osun West Senatorial Bye election, Dr. Ademola Adeleke, even as the state governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola congratulated the Senator elect, with the result of the poll, saying the “people of Osun have spoken”.
Adeleke, the PDP candidate defeated the the APC flagbearer in the poll, Senator Mudashiru Hussein, winning in 9 out of 10 local government areas in the Senatorial District.
The governor, in a tweet Sunday afternoon congratulated Adeleke, saying “Democracy has won and we respect the people’s choice”. Also, while speaking with newsmen in his Ede home yesterday, Senator-elect, Dr Ademola Adeleke, noted that his victory signposts a brighter future for PDP in the state.
Adeleke said all his pre-election campaign promises would be fulfilled, stressing that his N5 million per ward scholarship scheme would soon takeoff across the Osun-West Senatorial District.
His words: ” We are working hard to make sure that next year we overcome and victory shall be ours. My victory is a new dawn in the history of our democracy. ” Our democracy is growing where an incumbent will be there and opposition will defeat the incumbent.This is a rare gem and this show that our democracy is improving. ”
We want to make sure there is nothing like rigging anymore no matter how you try, we want our democracy to grow.”
” I want to thank the people of Osun West Senatorial District and the entire people of the state for voting for me and PDP.
” I can assure that where my late brother left it, that is where I tag my campaign continuity.
” I have budgeted N250,000 in scholarship for students, empowerment programmer for women as well as free mobile medical care”.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria