Estimated Reading Time: <1
In a bid to wrest power from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 Nigerian general election, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Raymond Dokpesi, and a former Chairman of the Labour Party, Dan Nwanyawu, have floated a new party called the Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) in Abuja.
At the unveiling of the party on Monday, held at the Reiz Continental Hotel in the nation’s capital city, the two politicians were spotted at the event, but Mr. Nwanyawu denied that the the PDP was behind the formation of the new party.
Other dignitaries seen at the event were National Chairman Shittu Mohammed, Deputy National Chairman (South) Fijabi Adebo, and Deputy National Chairman (North) Mahe Dange.
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State