Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party has alleged that the country is now being ruled by a cabal, The Punch reports.
According to the newspaper, the Makarfi faction believes that some individuals have hijacked control of governance because of the health challenge of President Muhammadu Buhari..
The spokesman for the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led caretaker committee, Dayo Adeyeye, said Nigeria “is now on auto pilot.”
He said, “We sympathise with the President on his health and we pray that God will lay His hands on him.
“However, it is now certain that the country in now being ruled by a cabal. Members of the cabal are not known.
“Who is in charge of the country now? We don’t know. Nigeria is now on auto pilot. We don’t know who is rocking the country and who exactly is churning out orders or exercising the executive powers of the President anymore.
“This can’t happen in saner climes. We have a President who has not been seen in public for some days and the government is not worried.”
- Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says Lagos needs N1 Trillion to reconstruct properties damaged
- 5 days after it happened, Presidency finally addresses Lekki shootings
- Lagos Attacks: Akeredolu says ‘there is an agenda beyond #EndSARS’
- Curfew in Lagos now from 8pm to 6am says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties