Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has warned people against provoking its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, to talk.
It said certain people were making provocative statements that would force Kanu to address the press against his bail conditions.
In a statement on Wednesday by its media and publicity secretary, Emma Powerful, in Awka, Anambra, the group said nobody should take the bail conditions stripping Kanu of some of his fundamental rights, especially, his freedom of speech, for granted.
The statement read in part, “The Indigenous People of Biafra and its leadership worldwide condemn those unscrupulous individuals who are fabricating letters and stories with the name of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who barely came out of prison a few days ago.
“We warn those behind this calculated campaign of calumny, especially, the APC propaganda machine and their affiliates, to stop this particularly despicable immoral acts with immediate effect or face the wrath of IPOB.
“Those behind this latest show of shame are fully aware that our leader is unable to speak up against some of these fabrications as he was barred from speaking to the media by Justice Binta Nyako, who imposed an unconstitutional order as part of the bail conditions.
“These agent provocateurs are fully aware that our leader cannot grant press interview for now but it will be appalling for these immoral purveyors of iniquity and evil men in the society to be writing press statements in the name of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, without proper consultation.
“Furthermore, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has said it a long time ago that his only focus is to restore Biafra and nothing else, anybody who is trying to bring restructuring of Nigeria into the struggle for the liberation of Biafra is doing that to his or her own detriment.“Our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, cannot grant press interviews to counter these fabricated letters and stories by these evil men, meanwhile, we ask them to stop forthwith because IPOB members worldwide cannot fold their arms and watch them attempt to tarnish the reputation of our leader.
“Therefore, any person or group of persons who think that our leader can even dream of agreeing to restructuring or tampering with the ethos of the struggle is deluded.
“The struggle for Biafra independence is a divine project which no man born of a woman can stop.”
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South