Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari must stand for re-election in 2019, in the best interest of Nigeria.
Amid the economic downturn and other issues, he insisted Buhari deserves a second term.
“My prayer is that the president gets well…gets back to full health and run again because I still believe his being president…the stability that he brings to the office is in the best interest of Nigeria,” El-Rufai said on Friday.
The Governor also said if Buhari decides not to run, he expects him to have a say in who the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) puts forward as its candidate.
El-Rufai, who observed Juma’at Prayer with the President yesterday, also admitted he is aware that some of Buhari’s aides don’t like him .
“Within the Villa, there are people that like me and there are those who don’t and it is normal. My relationship with the President has never been strained in any way,” he explained.
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila