Estimated Reading Time: <1
A top member of the Boko Haram insurgent group, Bulama Kailani Mohammed Metele, has surrendered to 145 task force battalion, 5 brigade troops at Damasak.
Sani Usman, army spokesperson made this known on Saturday in Maiduguri.
He said that Metele, from Tumbun Bera in Borno, belonged to Mamman Nur’s faction of the terrorists group under the leadership of Abu Mustapha.
He said that Metele was of serial number 253 on the Nigerian Army’s wanted Boko Haram terrorists poster produced recently.
“He is currently undergoing further interrogation,” he said.
Meanwhile, Usman said that two suspected Boko Haram terrorists carrying out surveillance on Kareto and Dangalti villages had been arrested by troops of 158 task force battalion of 5 brigade based on information.
He said preliminary investigation shows that they were on reconnaissance mission to facilitate possible attack on the communities.
- Breaking: COVID-19 palliatives “looting” begin in Northern states – gunshots at ex-Speaker Dogara’s house
- Gani Adams says ‘those in power today are a product of protests’
- Bola Tinubu says #Endsars protesters “who suffered casualty” during Lekki massacre had questions to answer
- Abia State Government relaxes curfew
- Gunmen stormed a school in Cameroon, killing at least six children studying in class
- Just In: Kaduna Govt imposes curfew in parts of Chikun and KD South LGAs
- Psychiatric hospital, INEC, NLC, NDDC, WAEC office, Banks torched
- Stan Chu Ilo: Nigeria, a Nation that Kills her Children
- Breaking: Hoodlums set ablaze Nnamdi Azikiwe’s statue ablaze in Anambra
- Breaking: Houses owned by Senator Ndoma Egba, Gershom Bassey looted and burnt in calabar