Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Government of the United Kingdom has deported 23 Nigerians for committing immigration-related offences in the country.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the deportees arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMlA) Lagos at about 6.a.m on Friday.
The deportees,who are all males, were brought back in a chartered aircraft.
DSP Joseph Alabi, the Spokesman of the Lagos Airport Police Command, confirmed the development to NAN.
The deportees were received by officers of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), and the Police.
Also on ground to receive them were officials of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).
NAN gathered that the deportees were profiled by immigration authorities and given stipends to facilitate their transportation to their respective states.
The Italian Government on March 8, deported 37 Nigerians from the country for similar reasons. (NAN)
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt