Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Benue Prisons Service on Monday confirmed that herdsmen invaded its Jato-Aka Farm Centre and killed an inmate, one Tersoo Agidi.
ASP Stephen Nwanchor, Public Relations Officer, Benue Prisons Service, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Makurdi that the incident took place on Saturday at the farm centre.
Nwanchor said that the invasion was not a failed jail break attempt.
“This is a new farm centre established in January, 2017. The herdsmen invaded the place, destroyed property, shot and killed one Tersoo Agidi, an inmate.
“We have evacuated all the remaining inmates from the farm centre to Gboko, pending the outcome of the investigation.
“We are not taking anything for granted. My Controller of Prison is on top of the issue, and all relevant security operatives in the state have been notified,” Nwanchor said.
The PRO said the service was investigating the invasion to ascertain the remote cause, noting that no arrest had been made so far.
Nwanchor said the service had tightened security in and around all its facilities in the state, assuring that there was no cause for alarm.
Herdsmen attack had been on increase in the last twelve months especially in the North central states.
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu
- Humanitarian affairs minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq gets married
- UN at 75: Southern Kaduna And The Responsibility To Protect
- Yobe Governor appoints 30 social media aides
- Insincerity, Bad Faith and Isomorphic Mimicry: The Harmonised Police Bill 2020 in Focus
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau
- Just In: Buhari approves construction of $1.9 billion rail line to Niger Republic