Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has said he will contest for the office of Nigeria’s President In 2019 .
He was quoted to have made the disclosure on the sidelines of the inauguration of Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in Akure last week.
Tinubu said,“You see, there is nothing wrong with such ambition. It depends on the timing and the environment and what political leadership dictates.
“I will not brush aside such an aspiration….Maybe as a senator, maybe as a president, you cannot rule it out.
“How can I rule such a thing out? The opportunity to serve my country. But you only do that when there is vacancy.”
He recalled that even President Muhammadu Buhari made several attempts before he won an election I 2015.
“It has been historical, even, that Buhari tried first, second, third, and fourth before he got it. Resilience, determination, and clarity of purpose,” he said.
Tinubu also hailed Buhari’s honesty about his medical vacation. “An honest man disclosed to you that he is going on leave, he is going to have medical check-up, he has disclosed that he needed more time,” Tinubu said.
“He has told us honestly that he needed medical attention. What his doctors will discuss after that is subject to experts, which should not be discussed until he is ready to disclose it. He told us that he cannot return now, what else do you want him to do?”
He however urged Nigerians to pray for President Muhammadu Buhari who is on vacation on health grounds.
“Only God gives life, and only God can take it. The man that I have seen is well, alive. We should promote welfare, praying for the well being of our leaders.”
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English