Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has said he will contest for the office of Nigeria’s President In 2019 .
He was quoted to have made the disclosure on the sidelines of the inauguration of Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in Akure last week.
Tinubu said,“You see, there is nothing wrong with such ambition. It depends on the timing and the environment and what political leadership dictates.
“I will not brush aside such an aspiration….Maybe as a senator, maybe as a president, you cannot rule it out.
“How can I rule such a thing out? The opportunity to serve my country. But you only do that when there is vacancy.”
He recalled that even President Muhammadu Buhari made several attempts before he won an election I 2015.
“It has been historical, even, that Buhari tried first, second, third, and fourth before he got it. Resilience, determination, and clarity of purpose,” he said.
Tinubu also hailed Buhari’s honesty about his medical vacation. “An honest man disclosed to you that he is going on leave, he is going to have medical check-up, he has disclosed that he needed more time,” Tinubu said.
“He has told us honestly that he needed medical attention. What his doctors will discuss after that is subject to experts, which should not be discussed until he is ready to disclose it. He told us that he cannot return now, what else do you want him to do?”
He however urged Nigerians to pray for President Muhammadu Buhari who is on vacation on health grounds.
“Only God gives life, and only God can take it. The man that I have seen is well, alive. We should promote welfare, praying for the well being of our leaders.”
- Lagos lawmaker says most young Nigerians are high on drugs in reaction to #EndSARS protest
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence