Estimated Reading Time: <1
Hitherto governor-elect, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu SAN, at exactly 11:34am on Friday, took oath of office as the sixth governor of Ondo state. This was after Alfred Ajayi was sworn in as the deputy governor of Ondo.
Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, had defeated Mr Eyitayo Jegede SAN of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and sixteen other candidates in the state governorship election in November 2016.
He polled 244,842 votes, while Jegede, who came second, garnered 150,380 votes.
Governors Abiola Ajimobi and Godwin Obaseki of Oyo and Edo states; as well as the minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed were among the dignitaries at the event.
Also at the event were the APC National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, Minister of Solid Minerals Dr Kayode Fayemi, and other friends and family members.
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds
- INEC replaces manual voting with automated voting system
- NNPC to be commercialized in new PIB draft – Minister
- We will pass the Petroleum Industry Bill speedily says Gbajabiamila
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”