Estimated Reading Time: <1
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says he spoke with President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday afternoon “and he is hale and hearty”.
The acting president told the media in Abuja that he and Buhari discussed the 2017 budget and the meeting with the private sector over the economic recovery plan.
Buhari’s decision to extend his medical vacation indefinitely has led to speculations over his true state.
Osinbajo said: ?”The president is hale and hearty, I spoke to the president just this afternoon and we had a warm conversation. He was interested in knowing about the budget process and how far we have gone and the meeting today with the private sector and the economic recovery growth plan and I informed him about the protest march and feedback about what people are saying about the economy. He is in good shape.
“Just like he said in his letter to the national assembly he needs to go for a cycle of tests and once he sees the test results and gets medical advice, we expect him very soon.
“I think that the health status of Mr President is an issue that only Mr. President would discuss at the appropriate time.
Again he is running test and all of that. Before you will be able to determine your health status you must be able to say this is my health status. Do the test my doctors advised me to do and will wait for the outcome of the test and know my status.”
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai