Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Yobe on Tuesday readmitted the party’s Women Leader and other members of the state executive council who were suspended last year for insubordination and indiscipline.
Alhaji Abubakar Bakabe, the state Secretary of the party, announced this in a statement issued to newsmen in Damaturu. Abubakar said: “The party had stripped the affected persons of their offices at the state, local and ward levels and, they remain ordinary members of the party.
“Having demonstrated remorsefulness by the affected officials, the state executive council has with effect`from today, lifted the suspension while the indicted officials have been relieved of their offices.
“Similarly, the dissolved party executive councils in Fune, Fika and Potiskum local government areas remain dissolved.
“The state executive council has also endorsed the expulsion of members at the party ward levels in Potiskum local government area.”
According to the scribe, the party took the decision in the interest of APC to serve as deterrent to others, instil party discipline and loyalty in the state.
“APC wish to assure every member of the party of its support, cooperation and equal opportunities to achieve individual and collective ambitions and, the development of democracy,” he said.
The women leader and other state, local government and ward officials of the party were suspended in February 2016.
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South
- European airlines are reducing fares to attract passengers and fill the planes that are still flying