Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian troops fighting insurgency in Borno State, under the code name Operation LAFIYA DOLE during investigation of arrested suspected Boko Haram terrorists discovered one of the abducted Chibok School girls, Rakiya Abubkar, with her six months old baby, Brigadier General Sani Usman, Director of Army Public Relations said in a statement on Thursday.
The Army public relations chief said after preliminary investigation, it was discovered that the girl is the daughter of Abubakar Gali Mulima and Habiba Abubakar of Chibok.
He added that the girls further stated that she was a student of Senior Secondary School Class 3B (SS 3B), before her abduction along with her colleagues on 14th April 2014 by the Boko Haram terrorists.
According to Usman, Rakiya Abubakar is presently undergoing further medical investigation and would soon be released to the Borno State Government.
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary
- Gunmen who invaded Abuja orphanage demand for N30 Million
- Governor Kayode Fayemi, says herdsmen were not asked to vacate Ondo State – blames the media
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life