Estimated Reading Time: <1
Tiwa Savage, Nigerian singer who is signed to Mavin records, has revealed that she has an addiction — money.
The Mavin first lady, as she is popularly referred to, said this on the Tiwa and Banky show on EbonyLife TV.
Addiction was the subject of discussion during the show, which is hosted by Savage and Bankole Wellington.
Lynxx, a Nigerian singer and Tosin Bucknor, an On-Air-Personality, were the invited guests.
“I have a confession, I am addicted to money,” Tiwa Savage said to get the ball rolling.
Bucknor said her addictions were cappuccino and falling in love while saying she tries her best not to get addicted to things.
“I have never done this so I don’t know how it works on a person especially for inspiration because I have friends who do it. I have some friends that when they smoke, I don’t like their personalities.
“All the people that I know when they smoke, you can’t have a decent conversation with them. I have not tried it although I get addicted to things for example, I get addicted to control. I am addicted to cola, everybody knows that. I am addicted to cappuccino and I am addicted to falling in love.”
For Lynxx, “hustling and tea” were his named addictions, revealing that his father John Edozien, former governor of old Bendel state, passed on the tea-drinking habit to him.
“Funny enough, I am addicted to tea, not coffee. My dad drinks tea like every 2 minutes so I think it runs in the family. I’m not addicted to it but I like to drink. It’s not compulsory but it’s something that I’d like to have.
“Parents need to watch their kids more because you will see kids that have not started growing beards getting drunk and celebrities have to set good examples for these people because I don’t think people have seen me get high and drunk in the industry. Another thing I am addicted to is hustling because I am also addicted to success.”
- COVID-19: Kano Governor orders ease of lockdown
- President Buhari suspends NSITF MD, four directors
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015
- AfDB panel to review report on Adesina
- Nigeria stock market may end 2020 in red – Uwaleke
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole