Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has described as erroneous publication in a national daily to the effect that it abandoned its primary mandate to undertake project execution in Kogi West Senatorial District.
According to the Chief Press Secretary to the Minister, Muhammad Hazat Sule, the projects are constituency Projects, adding that FCTA is only an executing agency.
The chairman of juicy Senate committee on FCT, Senator Dino Melaye, is from Kogi West Senatorial District.
But, the CPS explained that “These are constituency projects being undertaken by the Federal Government, which the FCT Administration was given the responsibility as a Federal Government Agency to execute.
“The insinuation in the publication that the FCTA abandoned its immediate constituency, which is the FCT to embark on projects in Kogi State, is erroneous.
“The FCT Administration is simply an implementation Agency, a role that is also being played by other Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA) of the Federal Government in respect of the Constituency Projects across the country.
“For reference purposes, this information can be verified and tracked online in the list of approved constituency projects as contained in the 2016 Appropriation Act; specifically, projects number 2498 to 2506.
“There are a total of 2,515 constituency projects in the Act, out of which 9 projects were earmarked for execution in Kogi West Senatorial District for which the FCTA was listed as the implementing MDA.
“The Newspaper ought to have ordinarily balanced their story by contacting the FCT Administration for clarification, thereby fulfilling the major bedrocks of journalism, which are objectivity and fairness.
“The FCT Administration therefore, wishes to advise media organizations to endeavor to balance their stories, as its doors are always open for any kind of inquiry on any matter that concerns it.”
- Bishop Kukah explains why Buhari makes it difficult for Nigerians to celebrate diversity
- Ondo 2020: Agboola plans to rig in Ilaje, says Akeredolu
- “I did not campaign against subsidy” – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria